A one day training course to
Support the Promotion of Positive Mental Health
Tuesday 14th November 2017
9.30am to 4.30pm
Venue: Kilcannon Garden Centre, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford
To increase participants’ understanding of what influences mental health and well being and the strategies that can be used to promote positive mental health in their professional role.
- To improve participants’ understanding of what a ‘positive approach to mental well-being’ means and how it can be applied in their professional work practice.
- To allow participants to reflect on the benefits of a ‘positive’ rather than a problem focussed or deficit approach to mental well-being.
- To improve participants understanding of the potential contributions that mindfulness, gratitude practices and positive thought processes can make to mental wellbeing.
- To improve participants’ competence and confidence in applying the knowledge or skills gained through doing this course to their professional lives
- To prompt participants to further explore the area of mental well-being beyond the training.
Target Group: Anyone working in the area of health, community or education, where promoting positive mental health is, or could be, part of your work.
Methodology: Experiential and interactive
Note: This programme incorporates a universal approach to promoting positive mental health and is not of a clinical nature.
For further information please contact Olive Fanning on 087 6165690