The Youth Work Ireland Volunteer Achievement Awards were introduced in 1999 to recognise the contribution made to the Federation by volunteers. During the past decade or more this programme has gone from strength to strength. The annual awards event is now firmly established as one of the highlights of Youth Work Ireland calendar of activities.
The Awards Presentation brings together volunteers from across the country (and their supporters!) for a celebration of their outstanding service to youth work.
Volunteer Achievement Awards are presented under the following 6 Categories:
- Leading the Way Award (for volunteers working with young people in a youth club or youth project)
- Stepping Up Award (for young volunteers who are moving into a leadership role in their club or project
- Making a Difference Award (for volunteers engaged in direct Work with young people at Risk)
- Behind the Scenes Award (for volunteers who have made a contribution to the development of a local youth service)
- Extra Mile Award (for volunteers who have made a sustained commitment to youth work)
- The Siobhán Cotter Distinguished Service Award (Contribution to the Work of the Organisation at National Level)
For further information click here