Social isolating and social distancing shouldn’t be boring it might be difficult to think of things to do so here’s a lighthearted list of things you could try.
1. Colour in something (not the wallpaper or someone else’s books please) 😊
2. Go for a walk – remember social distancing – 2 meters and no more than 4 people – sorry
3. Clean your room – I know, but it will need to be done eventually.
4. Clean your sister’s room – with permission or help her, be kind.
5. Do your homework – yep it needs to be done too 😊
6. Play a board game – or better still make your own board game hours of fun
7. Read a book – if you can’t find one you like, the library is online too
8. Play with Play-Doh – very therapeutic
9. Reminisce through old pictures – digital or real world
10. Watch Netflix
11. Face-time your friend
12. Build a fort or a sofa fort just don’t forget to tidy up!
13. Play with your dog
14. If you don’t have a dog, use your imagination
15. Take a nap
16. Find a DIY project
17. Do the DIY project – be careful
18. Build a puzzle – jigsaw or one of those really annoying ones
19. Play outside – in the garden
20. Draw a picture – it could be fun
21. Clean the bathroom – not fun, but might save on arguments
22. Paint your nails, give yourself a manicure / pedicure
23. Organise your wardrobe – I know!
24. Learn something new – You Tube have great videos
25. Learn how to do origami
26. Listen to music
27. Complete a word search – can’t find one – make one and give it to someone to do
28. Make a “to-do” list
29. Play Wii
30. Or some other gaming console
31. Annoy your siblings – not recommended but can be short term fun
32. If you’re an only child, annoy your parents – again not recommended!
33. Sing a song / learn a song
34. Take a shower 😊
35. Eat – has to be done, just not all the time!
36. Play Sudoku – great fun loads of apps out there
37. Make a bucket list
38. Call your grandparent
39. Do some exercise – climb the stairs – lift some weights – jog on the spot
40. Write a poem
41. Tidy up your pet’s bed, clean the fish tank, rabbit hutch – you get the idea 😊
42. Make a list of places you want to travel to eventually
43. Watch music videos
44. Write a letter to yourself to open in 10 years
45. Take another nap
46. Play Candy Crush
47. Write your own song
48. Buy some helium balloons – pretty…
49. Bounce a small ball and catch it see how many times you can do it without missing. 😊
50. Do a craft / learn a craft
51. Watch the clouds – always fun
52. Eat some more food – not everything in the house and remember to share the chocolate
53. Make a photo-album – virtual or real world
54. See what the highest number you can count to is
55. Play tennis with a balloon
56. Play in the garden – did I say that already?
57. Do some gardening – learn the difference between weeds and flowers!
58. Do a crossword puzzle
59. Learn an instrument – do spoons count, look it up 😊
60. Talk in an accent
61. Play I Spy
62. Hang out with your friends – social media is great
63. Try to lick your elbow – go on, you know you want to
64. Make breakfast for dinner – just don’t use all the cereal or milk
65. Sit by the fireplace – light the fire – carefully
66. Hang out with your family – they are probably nice people when you get to know them! 😊
67. Tell funny stories from when everyone was little – remember when ….
68. Have a movie marathon all day
69. Read some relatable posts
70. Do some online shopping or online window shopping.
71. Watch home videos – look grandad had hair years ago….
72. Have a spa day – pamper yourself you probably deserve it…
73. Take a bubble bath – bubbles 😊
74. Clean out your dresser and closet – I know I said it already
75. Start your own blog
76. Do a paint or colour by number
77. Take an online course – you will learn things
78. Write some letters to friends and family – grandparents love to read letters
79. Check social media – not all day
80. Be nice to someone
81. make a pet stone – look it up – pets are for life not just for now!
82. Cut the grass – I love the smell of cut grass
83. Make yourself a home cooked meal – and clean up!
84. If you can’t cook, just get a take-away – ha ha ha
85. Watch a concert online
86. have a coffee/tea with your mam / dad / sister / brother
87. Take a bike ride – social distancing and remember the 2k rule
88. Rearrange your room – I know it’s another way of cleaning it but it could be fun
89. Lay in bed all day – well maybe not all day
90. Go shopping – Argos catalogue wish list
91. Watch a Disney movie
92. Research conspiracy theories – just don’t get sucked in….
93. Find or make bubbles – see who can make the biggest one or how long it can last
94. Have a picnic – indoors or in the garden
95. Learn the dance to a song
96. Start a new project
97. Go to the zoo – there are online cameras all over different zoos 😊
98. Pop bubble wrap – if you can get to it first
99. Fly a kite – watch out for power lines
100. Learn how to juggle – YouTube is great.