The Pro Youth initiative focuses on the promotion of health in young people aged 15 to 25, specifically related to healthy eating, body satisfaction, and eating disorders. The online platform offers various information and support modules to young people.
The main objectives of the Pro Youth online information and support system are:
- To provide information and educate about mental health, health promotion, and eating disorders.
- To assist young people in detecting problematic attitudes and risk behaviors early.
- To give tips on what young people can do to help themselves or others.
- To offer peer and professional support via the Internet and thus counteract the development of eating disorders and related problems.
- To facilitate access to the regular health care system (e.g. counselling, treatment) and thus limit the time between occurrence of symptoms and access to professional help.