The aim of the course is to help parents not only solve discipline and other childhood problems, but also for parents to develop closer and more satisfying relationships with their children
The programme will commence on Friday 20th July in the Community House, 8 Lee Heights Wexford. There is no charge for the programme, it will run for eight weeks and will start at 10.30am -12noon.
Targeting the needs of primary school children, the Parents Plus Children’s Programme shows parents how to communicate positively with children, illustrating ways to encourage good social skills as well as well-researched methods to tackle behaviour problems
- Solving childhood problems
- Play and special time with children
- Building children’s self-esteem and confidence
- Encouraging children’s learning/supporting homework
- Setting rules and helping children keep them
- Establishing daily routines
- Managing misbehaviour using consequences and sanctions
- Problem solving/talking problems through with children
For further information contact:
Community Drugs Project Worker
Community Based Drugs Initiative (CBDI)
087 935 1754
The Shambles Youth Café, Mary Street, New Ross, Co. Wexford.