Not sure about your CAO choices?
Exams can be stressful experiences, however, we can’t wave a magic wand and remove all the stress they may cause, but we can give you some guidance and tips on surviving the next couple of weeks..
- Start your preparation the evening before an exam, make sure you have pens pencils rulers erasers etc., take time to relax and try to get a good night’s sleep
- Follow the guidance that you have been given with regards to the correct time your exam starts and get there a half hour early.
- On the morning of the exam, get up early so that you’re not in a rush. Then, have a good breakfast. The food you eat will provide the fuel you need to energise your body and brain.
- Once in the exam room, take a few deep slow breaths.
- Always read the exam paper carefully before you write anything in your answer booklet.
- Work out how much time you have for each question and use all the time
- Start with the question you feel most confident about and keep a check on the time.
- Try to leave some time at the end of the exam to review everything and to make sure all your identification details are on every page.
- When you leave the exam hall, relax, breathe a sigh of relief and move on. Don’t analyse what happened in the exam. Its over-you will have done your best.
- Always try to remain calm. Confidence is the key.