Be Safe Stay Safe At Halloween
Leaving Cert Results!
Enjoy the celebrations and stay safe
- Know how you will get home – plan ahead, particularly if you’re going to a part of town you don’t know.
- Eat before you go out and drink plenty of water. Drinking a glass of water or a soft drink between alcoholic drinks will help you not to get drunk.
- Let someone know where you’re going and what time you expect to be back.
- Ensure your mobile phone is charged and is in credit. Keep the money you need to get home separate, so that you don’t spend it.
- Keep track of what you’re drinking, as well as how much. Drinks do get spiked with drugs, so do not leave your drink unattended or accept a drink from a stranger.
- Always leave a club or pub with a friend or a group of friends.
- Please remember to stay safe in both the real and the virtual world
- Pace yourself. Not everyone will be drinking on exam results night and you shouldn’t feel pressured into it just because your friends are
- Know your limits. And ladies remember you can’t drink as much as the men. That’s not being sexist – but is down to the differences in our body types.
- Try to avoid pre-drinking or giving in to cheap drink promotions.
- Get some food before you head out. A substantial meal will stop you from getting overly drunk .
- If you feel yourself getting drunk, try taking a break or slowing down your drinking. A glass of water in between beverages is a good idea.